Summer’s almost over. Before you cover that grill for the winter, make these awesome kebabs!
Serving size: 1 skewer
- 1 1/4 pounds beef, (sirloin or Angus) cut into 1-inch cubes
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 large red onion, cut into large chunks
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
FOR THE CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
- 2 packed tbsp parsley, finely chopped (no stems)
- 2 packed tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- For the chimichurri, combine the red onion, vinegar, salt and olive oil and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix; set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use (can be made a few hours ahead).
- Place the onions, beef and tomatoes onto the skewers.
- Prepare the grill on high heat. Grill the steaks to desired doneness, about 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a platter and top with chimichurri sauce.
- Calories: 219
- Fat: 13g
- Carb: 5.5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 20g